Merriconeag Waldorf School is sustained by invaluable partnerships with parents who contribute time, energy, expertise and financial resources to further the school’s goals.
The possibilities for volunteering are endless: assisting with play productions, class activities, field trips; serving as class parents or on board committees; helping with school festivals and fundraising events. Through volunteering, parents to get to know one another, help to build our school community, and deepen their understanding of Waldorf education. No matter your expertise or time availability, we hope to help you find a way to become involved in the Merriconeag community.
Parent Calendar for 2014/2015
Required Forms for 2014/2015
(Click on each below to download)
Snow Days and Unexpected School Closures
As the winter weather season begins, please remember: if school is closed, MWS evening events are cancelled. There are three ways to check on school closings (this information is printed on the inside cover of your school handbook/directory):
· Radio stations WGAN-AM (560), WMGX-FM (93.1), WYNZ-FM (100.9), and WPOR- FM (101.9)
· Local TV stations, Channels 6, 8 and 13
· School answering machines: Freeport Campus (EC- G8) 865-3900 and Pineland Campus
(High School) 688-8989
General Guidelines for Merriconeag EC - Grade 8 Desert Road Campus:
- If Freeport Public Schools are open, we are open.
- If Freeport Public Schools are closed, we are closed.
General Guidelines for Merriconeag High School, Pineland Campus:
- If Freeport Public Schools are closed, the High School is closed.
- If Gray/New Gloucester is closed, the High School is closed.
- If Freeport is open and Gray/New Gloucester is on a two hour delay, van riders will be dropped off at the Freeport Campus at 8:10, have supervised study hall in the Community Hall, and then be shuttled to the Pineland Campus for a 9:20 class.
WCSH 6 TV is also offering an automatic text alert for you computer or wireless phone, at the following website: http://www.wcsh6.com/weather/resources/text_alert/default.aspx
Grades 1, 2, 3 Lantern Walk:
Wed, Nov 19, 4:45 pm. Lantern Walk for Grades 1, 2, 3. 4:45 arrival to walk to the end of the field by 5 pm.
Thurs, Nov 20, 7 pm, Community Hall, 57 Desert Rd, Freeport. The 7th grade class performs Pinocchio.
Fri, Nov 21, 10:30 am: Performance for the grades.
Designing Women Art & Craft:
Sat, Nov 22, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Merriconeag Waldorf School,
Community Hall, 57 Desert Rd, Freeport.
School is closed for Thanksgiving Break:
Mon, Nov 24 - Fri, Nov 28. School is closed for Thanksgiving break. Enjoy your holiday!
Tea & Play Session:
Tea & Play Sessions for Prospective Parents.
Fri, Dec 12, 9 - 10 am.
Early Childhood Center, 60 Desert Rd, Freeport.
Prospective parents: Bring your child, share
a cup of tea with us and learn more about our
programs for young children. Storytime at 9:30.
For more info & to register: 207.865.3900,
Ext 163 or
Greater Freeport Community Chorus Winter Concert:
Sat, Dec 13, 7:30 pm,
Merriconeag's Community Hall, 57 Desert Rd, Freeport.
The GFCC's "Gloria!" Winter Concert will feature Robert Ray's "Gospel Mass" with soloist Chas Lester and Franz Schubert's "Magnificat." Director Virgil Bozeman leads the 70 member chorus accompanied by pianist Kellie Moody. Tickets may be purchased at the door and are $10 for adults with a per-family maximum of $25.